This page shows suicide statistics reported in Scotland during 2020.
- 805 deaths by suicide reported in Scotland in 2020. 833 in 2019
- 71% male - the female rate did rise by 3% in 2020
- The suicide rate in Scotland is higher than that of England and Wales
- 1 in 5 suicides aged under 30 & the rate is 3 x higher in the most deprived areas
- Approx. 265,000 people in Scotland are thinking about suicide at any one time
For app statistics, see here
Remember you are not alone and all these people have been affected too.
If you need help now head to our Urgent Help page or you can find local services in your area here.